October 27, 2004

"working" people

So I'm at work today, going around delivering some papers. And I walk past this big color copy machine we have, and there's a coworker sitting there, in a chair, watching the paper feed from the tray into the copier. And the pile of paper going in is not just 5 pieces, there's a good chunk of paper there. I really wondered if she had nothing else to do during this time, and she really was waiting for the copier... or it it's just her normal way of doing things.

It just seemed so abnormal, I had to laugh.

"What did you do at work today honey?" "Well, I sat there and watched the copier take my paper! It was great!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes... i watch my reactions boil sometimes. or today i watched my stuff filter. it is quite entertaining.

k2h said...

hey, that sounds like fun!

in fact one time a coworker and I comendeared one of the LARGE xerox copiers at work, this thing is about 3x8 feet. we were copying a textbook that said do not copy in the inside cover. we got really good at copying as fast as the copier would go, so good in fact we got it jammed up. had to pull it all apart and wouln't you know it, when we pulled the paper out it tore off in the fuzer.

now let met tell ya, that thing is hot, dirty, and stinky.. so we just closed it up and continued on our trip around the building to find a better copier.

Post a Comment