February 11, 2006

let's see

So our VCR died, and luckily we have a few "extras" lying around. Kevin is trying to replace it, and we're going to see how long it takes him to now figure out how to program it. I know he can do it, just how easliy. Usually I've been the one to program the VCR. It's something I picked up early on in life and just know how to do. Kind of amusing/sweet to observe...

Also, why oh why can't we have a Dairy queen close by. Earlier we were discussing food touching other food and how we didnt' like warm salad, or jello melting because it was touching hot cassarole. Kevin mentioned hot fudge melting the ice cream, which now has me on a kick for a hot fudge sundae with spanish peanuts. And there is no diary queen close by for that... and making my own just isn't quite the same - though making my own I definately get adequate hot fudge and peanuts

(Oh, and he got the VCR programmed)

4 comments:

Janell said...

Thanks... now you got me wanting DQ (although there is one close by - that is the problem...)

forkev said...

the universal remote has this 'auto discover device' function accessable from a sequence of buttons on the front. not finding the instruction manual, or knowing what model number to search for on the internet, i found a 5 step instruction sticky in the behind the battery door. who'd of thought of that? what a good use of a label.

and yes, for DAYS now she's wanted one - so maybe we'll have to stop some place special and LOOK at them. next year we'll have enough saved up to get a peanut or two.

k2h said...

kev has spare VCRs?!! wow.. VCR's are the new 8-track.

I had a few spares myself, but I think most of them made it to the local electronics heaven when we moved. our goal is to leave this house with LESS stuff than we moved in with. I"m not sure if we can pull it off but were pretty pissed about the junk we've got.. especially the worthless paper.

k2h said...

I found a dead vcr in my box of crap.. so I too must be collecting them.

Post a Comment