May 27, 2006

why take the time to check lists

So we bought our house about 10 months ago. Since then we've sporadically been getting junk mailings from other real estate agencies and mortgage companies in town offering their services for help to sell our house, help to buy a house, help in refinancing, 2nd mortgage, etc. It's all pretty stupid, and kinda bugs me, but I usually just throw it away. I don't feel it's worth the time to call or email and tell them to stop already.

Well yesterday we got another letter from an agent saying it was still a seller's market and she was the agent for us. I looked at it, noticed it was dated April 2006 (uh, hellooo... it's the end of MAY!), and said "thanks a lot Pearly Sue"*. And then it hit me. I looked at her name again, and said it again, and realized that this was the agent who had listed this house and helped the previous owners sell. She was the agent for this house 10 months ago!

It seems you'd have a list of houses your office sold in the last year, and maybe you might want to check that against the list of people you're sending solicitations to. (Though she seemed to be kind of a twit when we worked (through our agent) with her when buying the house.)

I think I'll have to make a call to chat with her, and let her know it's seriously TACKY to not double check!


*name changed to protect identity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My guess is that she doesn't own the list and never looks at it. Some agents buy their lists from the company that puts together the mailing ... so they never touch what is sent to you.

Hope you are enjoying your house!

Post a Comment