April 1, 2008

Pecan Pie Muffins


Found this recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins in June 2007 Guideposts Magazine. They sounded good, so I had to try them. They're really easy, and quite good. Definitely not something to eat every day though!

Pecan Pie Muffins
by Kathy Schendle

1 c light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c chopped pecans
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 c butter softened

Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin cups with paper muffin liners. Stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In separate bowl beat eggs and butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks when done.

My notes: I didn't want to use that much butter, so I used half butter (melted) and half oil. It seemed to work ok. I would try using applesauce next time.
I doubled the recipe, used my large muffin pans, and got 6 large muffins. I don't have large muffin liners, but definitely would use them because the muffins are kinda gooey, and hard to get out of the pan w/o the liner.
I would also suggest small muffins, as one large one is quite sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment