February 6, 2009

Cranberry relish

This is the best cranberry relish. My grandma & my mom made it every year for the holidays. This year I made it. I had some leftovers, and made just a plain cupcake recipe and added in some of the relish. It made a great apple-cranberry-orange muffin.

one 12oz package cranberries, fresh or frozen
4-6 oranges, washed & cut into slices (leave peel on)
4-6 apples, washed & cut into slices, core removed
sugar to taste

side note: More oranges and apples make it less cranberry flavor. Kind of test it out, taste as you go, see how you like it.

Combine all fruits using a grinder. My KitchenAid came with a grinder attachment (yay!). I suppose you could use a food processor, but you don´t want mush, you want it kind of finely diced like.

Add about 1/2-1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like it. Let it sit overnight. You can always add more sugar if it´s not sweet enough for you.

This will make around 10-12 cups. Usually my family makes a half recipe and if it doesn't seem like enough make the other half, or add a bit more of each until it´s seems sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment