November 1, 2004

Missing items

On Thursday when I left work, I had 3 dying balloons and a little cement block weight that held them down on my desk. My boss had a call to another job, but he didn't take it, and so last week we had a "Yeah, you're staying" party thing and I got some balloons after it was over.

Today one balloon was left on my desk, cut from the other balloons and the cement block. The cement block and the other two balloons are missing.

I'm a bit disturbed that someone came to my desk and took things. My first guess was it was the cleaning people. But the cleaning people barely empty my trash can, why on earth would they make the effort to reach around my computer into the corner of my desk and take balloons and a cement weight.

Second thought was it was someone that was here for a meeting yesterday. I don't doubt that someone here for a meeting, or visiting the ABC, or children of workers or meeting people would come around and snoop to see what they could get. People with candy on their desk get it taken all the time by cleaning people, or kids here with parents for meetings.

Well, after sending out an office email to find out what happened, it turns out it was the lady who organized the party for my boss. People could take the balloons, but she wanted the cement weights back. I never heard that announcement. Apparently others didn't either, so she came around recollecting them all when no one was here.

I'm a little happier knowing that it was in-house and not someone screwing with my stuff.

3 comments:

forkev said...

i was looking for the scandal and hoping for a web cam solution.

Unknown said...

so the little cement block...was it particularly attractive? i am having visions of a small cinder block and i think that might be cute and ugly at the same time.

k2h said...

since this lady likes cement so much, I suggest you go around at lunch and pick up chipped sidewalk and hand it to this lady to add to her collection.

best I can figure she'd appreciate it!

Post a Comment