November 13, 2004

chiropractor

So my mother-in-law (still seems weird to say that) was here a few weeks back. We were out shopping for car parts and other things. We stopped at a really cool place for lunch, the Staggering Ox (http://www.staggeringox.com/). Kevin and I had had sandwiches from them before, and enjoyed it. So, in the restaurant, I saw a little box to sign up to win up to 3 free sessions at a chiropractic place. I've needed to go to a chiropractor for years, but have not for various reasons. So being me, I signed up (I enjoy signing up for things, even though I never won, except once at a Warren Miller show in college - I won gloves.)

Anyway, a week later I get a call from HealthQuest (http://healthquestchiropractic.net) telling me that I'd won, and to set up an appointment. So two Fridays later, I went in. I was a little skeptical, as I'd never been to a chiropractor, didn't know this guy from Adam, and wasn't sure what to expect. I get there and this young guy who looks to be mid twenties gives me papers to fill out with some weird questions - did you fall down while learning to walk, was your birth natural/cesearean, were drugs used, etc. etc. - things I don't really know, or I didn't see the relivancy in. So I fill out the papers, and he takes me back to the room, then proceeds to start talking. I realize at that point that he's the doc, not the receptionist.

He's way cool, and turns out he's a chiropractor because it "makes sense" to him. He's really into it, and you can tell that he loves it by the way he acts, along with the fact that he says he loves it. He has all sorts of cool stories of how he's helped little paralyzed newborns (they leave the hospital with full movement!), and how he's helped people in other countries. He's great to talk to, plus (first day there) he gave me a buy one get one free sandwich coupon at Staggering Ox for me and my friend who had never been there before.

I've been there 3 times now, and do notice that my body feels better. Hopefully it continues.

I knew I needed a chiropractor, and had recently been thinking that I should find one, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I probably never would have found this guy if I were just looking for a chiropractor - he's not that close to my home, and I don't know anyone who goes to him (how I found my dentist and doc). He has good beliefs, and is just a way cool guy.

It's kind of neat how God works things out for me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

interesting. i have never really known someone who went to a chiropractor, it is good to know they actually help.

Post a Comment