December 6, 2005

greek pitas

so I've decided that since I love food and recipes so much, I'm going to try to post a recipe each week... maybe it will encourage me to make more of the recipes I have collected...


Greek Pitas (from my mom and sister)

filling:
5 artichoke hearts, cut into quarters (14oz can)
1/4 c roasted red peppers, drained & chopped (aout 3 oz)
OR 1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium tomato, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
2 TBSP olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 TBSP chopped fresh dill (1 tsp dried)
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
2/3 c grated or crumbled feta cheese (about 5 oz)
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 TBSP capers, rinsed & drained (optional)
3/4 c pitted Calamata olives, sliced (optional)

pita bread
romaine or leaf lettuce

Mix all filling ingredients together.

Cut in half and lightly toast pita bread in toaster oven. Fill each half of bread with lettuce and filling. Eat!

yum yum :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm looking forward to this recipe of the week feature! once in our new house i'll try them out each week too. =)

forkev said...

and boy, are they good!

Post a Comment