March 15, 2006

wherefor art thou spring?

As much as snow makes me happy, I really am kind of tired of it now. I mean, snow in November, December, January, maybe even into February. That's great. It's supposed to be winter then. But please, please stop in March...

I see my little crocus, tulip and daffodils peeking out of the ground, and I'm excited to have flowers and boquets around. The days are getting longer - it's light when I wake up (hallelujah!) and light when I get home! But no, no warm weather. We must have cold. And snow. And warm enough to melt the snow, but then a little more snow. And some cold. And a little warm (mid 40s F), but then drop down again in a few days and some more cold and sleety snow.

bah! Right now I just really am ready for flowers, green grass, flip flops, tank tops, sunshine, and warmth.

(yes, I will wait til May... yes... I know where I live...)

1 comment:

k2h said...

I was just talking about this with someone at work. its interesting how winter is just cold enough to make you want summer, and how summer is just hot enough to make you want winter. its this never ending cycle that in the end all we have to show for it is wrinkles and a little bit of experience.

maybe if we just pick one season we wouldn't age =) I gather yours would be summer.

Post a Comment