September 22, 2006

Totally rockin

Me, last Friday night: hearing about Aaron Shust & Bebo Norman concert coming to the area in two weeks, I got a little excited and hopeful that I could go. I found that tickets are $15.50 in advance. I realized I'd have a hard time convincing husband we needed to go. Plus would take a bit of convincing for both of us that $31+ for a few hours music was a good deal. I love concerts, but have a hard time forking out too much money for them (though Jim Brickman & Mannheim Steamroller (twice!) in concert were awesome!)

So, at that point, decided to kinda forget it and not want to go.

Thursday morning, at work: Email comes around from coworker who is manager of local branch of Positive Life Radio. He's going to be out of town when concert comes to town and needs someone to drive their station van to the concert, take FREE tickets and enjoy concert, drive van back to work. As soon as I read that, I jumped all over it. Told husband we needed to go, ran down the hall and told coworker I wanted to drive station van. So now, we're headed to a concert, free to us! We even can hand out radio station stuff and crank up the big speakers in the van and definately let people know we're there.

I looked it up, and found that the concert's at a church! Now for those who haven't been to musical concerts with bands/individual singers, churches totally rock for concerts. Mainly because they are not like a big concert hall/arena that you're way back in the nosebleed section and you never really get to see the group/singer. I happened to hit a Third Day concert 5 years ago at a church. Somehow our tickets we were to get at will call weren't there, and they didn't have any for us, and it was a big problem. Somehow after waiting for awhile and fearing we wouldn't get in, we got front floor seats. Yes, front floor. We sat on the floor in the very front, and Third Day guys were within 6 feet of me! Definately makes them real when they're right in front playing the music you know. Totally rocked!

Hooray for coworkers who are radio station managers with free tickets, for great musicians, and definately for an awesome God who works cool things out for me every so often to remind me how great He is!

2 comments:

k2h said...

free is good. driving company vehicle even better cause you use their gas! how'd kev like the concert?

KAN said...

we haven't gone yet. Check back in a week or so...

Post a Comment