April 24, 2009

lemons

A few weeks back I wanted to make lemon meringue pie. Since I didn't know how many lemons I needed, and the price seemed right, I decided to just buy a big bag of (13) lemons at Costco. Then for sure I'd have enough lemons. Turns out the pie only needed 2 lemons...

So, I started searching for recipes using lemons to help use the lemons before they went bad. I found quite a few that sounded good, so I weeded out those that sounded best and started making them.

The first was Meyer Lemon Gnocchi. I'd wanted to try making gnocchi for awhile, and had actually found a recipe recently, but then lost it. I'm not sure it would have been better than this. I didn't have Meyer lemons, just your plain old lemons, but man, this was so good!



The other recipe I made was Lemon Blueberry Bread. Unfortunately, it was so good that we ate it all before I got a picture of it!

I made another recipe, Lemon Ginger muffins. They looked good, and sounded good, but something isn't right with them. They ended up kinda mealy, and just not good texture. The taste is great though.

I used a few lemons this week for hot lemon honey water to try to kick this stupid cold I have.

I'm thinking the rest of the lemons will go into more lemon blueberry bread and lemon pound cake. Yum yum!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH, ALODIA!!! Your lemon problem is hilarious! That sounded like something I would have done : ) I love your recipes; you've inspired me : )

Post a Comment