April 5, 2009



Our super yummy supper this evening consisted of Buffalo Chicken tacos, Cornmeal Crunch, and Chile Lime Tequila popcorn.

Cornmeal Crunch and Chile Lime Tequila popcorn recipes came from 101cookbooks.com. The Cornmeal Crunch is fantastic, though I'd next time choose a smaller pan, or not cook it quite so long. Still delicious though! The Chile Lime Tequila popcorn is addictive! The two of us ate almost the full 4 quarts last night. Had to make more today it was so great...

Buffalo Chicken Tacos came from a little weekly paper we get. I don't know where they got it. I tweaked it a bit, since they seem to have not quite completed the recipe.

Buffalo Chicken Tacos
serves 3-6

11 oz packet taco seasoning
2 TBSP cooking oil
1/2 c water
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 avocado
1/2 c ranch dressing, prepared
2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
3/4 c carrots, shredded
1/4 c cilantro, chopped
6 flour tortillas, warmed
hot sauce, to taste

Combine taco seasoning, oil & water. Place chicken in resealable bag and add marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.

Mash avocado into small chunks and mix with ranch dressing until smooth.

Remove chicken from marinade and discard used marinade.

Grill chicken over medium-high heat about 8 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from grill & place on cutting board. (alternately, you can bake the chicken in the marinade in the oven, 25 minutes, 400F)

Slice chicken into thin strips and serve hot in warmed tortillas, with blue cheese, carrots, cilantro, and avocado ranch dressing.

NOTES: I'd go easy on the ranch dressing, adding more as I went. I got a little too much. I'd probably make my own taco seasoning also, as the taco seasoning I had was super salty. Next time I may add a cabbage mix and some lime juice also.

No comments:

Post a Comment