September 5, 2009

Summer smoothie

I bought a few too many cantaloupe lately, and needed to use them up. I started putting them in my morning smoothies. Made one today that was really yummy.

About 3 peaches, sliced, peeled if you like
About 3 cups diced cantaloupe
About 1 cup plain yogurt*
2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP sugar or honey, optional

Throw into blender and blend until smooth.



*I found Silk plain flavor soy yogurt, 32 oz, for $0.99 at the grocery store on the clearance aisle. Never had soy yogurt before. Maybe it's just because it's plain flavor, or maybe it's because it's close to it's sell by date, but it's pretty gross eaten by the spoonful! I bought it with smoothies in mind, so no big deal, and it doesn't affect the smoothie negatively. Anyone else have experience w/ soy yogurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment